There are various ways to fund planting trees on your land.
- One Billion Trees programme.
- Erosion Control Funding Programme.
- Payments in advance from fossil fuel emitters for:
- regeneration or
- Direct payments through the Emissions Trading Scheme for your trees’ carbon as they
- regenerate, or
- grow after planting.
In addition, it may be possible to find funding to employ a broker to help out with understanding your eligibility for carbon farming. Some of the land blocks in the Waro Project have acquired funding from:
- Māori agribusiness through the Ministry for Primary Industries.
- Whenua Māori Fund from Te Puni Kōkiri.
The Provincial Growth Fund may also be a source of funding.